12-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #67
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
This was not the BMW OEM factory belt this was the AA pulley belt that I have extra sets of and it only had 2500 miles at the most on that belt. They had a problem with their belts at the beginning around the same time I got my pulley. The bad belts would dry rot, crack and break this was the exact case with this belt. They were not sure if I had one of the bad belts or not. Well this just proved I had a bad belt. I told them to send me 3 sets of the good belts because I know I could not find these belts at a Auto part store or BMW Stealer Ship. I try my best to be a little pro-active and have the right tools and stuff in my car for long road trips I even take a OEM factory wheel with me for a spare along with a jack . I can't help it I am a mechanic and I don't like to break down
Sorry to hear about the broken belt, but glad you made it back okay. I recently gave up on the Dinan UDP and ordered the AA. I made sure to order an extra belt for this very reason. I'll be sure to keep it in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Great pics guys and Tom that bumper look sinister, I need to see it in person.--John
Definitely. I'm loving the bumper. More aggressive than stock, but OEM appearance, and of course, no reflectors.