Originally Posted by CA06
So it's clear that you hate Bush, and no matter what I list you'll have some snide remark. But since you asked. This is IMO:
1. He has protected our rearends from another attack on our soil since 9/11 by taking the fight to the enemy, implemented a Home Land Security office and eliminated Afghanistan's Taliban Regime which is no longer in power.
2. Tax cuts - rebounded an inherited economy that was sliding into a recession.
3. Partial Birth Abortion Ban.
4. Appointed judges to the Supreme Court that balances the way the Constitution suppose to be interpreted.
5. Stands by and supports the Defense of Marriage Act.
I disagree with 4 of the above:
1) He delayed it at first, not it is imminent it will happen after what he did in the world. Heck, if he had another term to do, France and Germany would organize another 9-11... Taliban regime is getting back into the power and is in much better position than it was a year ago, lets say. ANd the Taliban regime is the least of our problems!
2) That is what you hear, but do you really see any tax cuts??? I have never seen this much taxes taken away from me -- property increased, Income increased... Also, you hear about the great economy -- I don't see it at all, prices are surging up, and my salary is the same...I actually feel poorer than a year ago.
3) Police State -- people should have the right to do what they think is the best in that case, not what a guy that should have been aborted in the first place tells them.
5) Again, the police state...if the church is against it, they should be allowed to marry at the county only. He is restricting people's freedoms every day...