View Single Post
      11-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #19
Echo M3
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadC4s View Post
Went to the dealer today and told them I will pay 1K over invoice, but will not pay for "prep" or for mats. My sales guy took me in to talk to the Sales Manager, a former salesman who I have known for years and who went to high school with my wife. He seemed to be not happy, said "I can't believe we are having this discussion" then said they would do the deal, got up and walked out like he was really angry. It seemed like the classic good cop (salesman) bad cop (sales manager) routine and I think his anger was staged. If it was such a bad deal for them they would not of said yes. They are making 1K on an ordered car that they do not need to carry in inventory or advertise plus whatever incentives they have. I am not taking food out of anyone's mouth with this deal and I think they are doing fine with it. I like this dealer, they have given good service and I always get a BMW loaner. Plus,they are the only dealer in town for BMW. Looking forward to the new M3, plan on delivery in April.....thanks for everyone's comments.
Congrats! And FYI, I am absolutely with you on the haggling bit. You have every right to get the best deal possible, regardless of what % you are saving or not saving.

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal - they were definitely trying to do the good cop/bad cop routine, happened to me when I bought a Toyota a few years ago. Luckily my M3 purchase experience was much better - no BS, they told me what their best deal was, take it or leave it. I checked around town and they weren't kidding, it was the best deal after all .
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country