Thread: Saddam Hussein
View Single Post
      01-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #63
La Verdad
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 328i

uhhhh where to start...ok I'm ready. For causing the deaths of thousands of Iraqis by destabilizing Iraq. The world community has been documenting the widespread death and suffering that continue in Iraq. Americans may not understand this since American television has abandoned its responsibilities. Particularly appalling was the use of condemned weapons like cluster bombs which continue to kill noncombatants, especially children. The Pentagon has admitted that about one in 10 missiles missed their target. Add to that the reports in the New York Times, the New Yorker, and the foreign press, of truckloads of dismembered bodies of women and children, of far greater casualties than the Gulf War, of U.S. troops killing civilians and journalists, sometimes indiscriminately, even firing upon ambulances. The protesters shot by U.S. troops in Fallujah were mostly schoolboys. The war would be about oil and not terrorism. This seems accurate considering the care taken to protect the Iraqi Oil Ministry offices, while allowing the sacking of hospitals and museums. Iraqis go without water and electricity but the oil wells are running. Bush’s corporate crony Bechtel is busy already building pipelines, and companies like ExxonMobil will be major players. Bush violated international law by invading Iraq. Bush held prisoners without formal charges and without legal representation. Bush lied about the connection between Iraq and 911(there was no connection, and if there was, there is not one single legal document in existence that shows the link). Bush lied about the weapons of mass destruction. Bush has created the largest deficit in the history of the United States, in a war that will ultimately be lost. (US puppet governments have a long history of falling apart i.e. Iran, Vietnam. These are indisputable 'facts' not liberal propaganda. Many of you may remember that there was a surplus budget under the Clinton administration. That's completely gone. The list goes on and on. As an American, I understand the difficulty that comes from having to face the facts and come to terms with a man we call President. However, if it is time for people to start standing trial, I think it is time for President Bush.