View Single Post
      11-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Automotive Industry Insider
Lemans_Blue_M's Avatar

Drives: Lemans Blue M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I couldnt find this on google. I wanted to know what that long flat spoiler thing is on the front of some of the race cars? It usually has chains or something connecting it to the bumper.

Thanks, I tried google, but didnt know what to type and couldnt find it.
It's called an Aero Splitter.

It's function is to provide down force to the front end of the car to improve the front grip. (forward bite)

Race teams do this, so they can run higher speeds into corners (without losing the front end), and it also keeps the car stable at maximum speed on the straightaways.
The best is yet to come...