11-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #69
ptack
Brigadier General

Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
You could by this and a lightly used 911 for the cost of BMW's comparable offering (750).

As for best:

CTS-V. No other sedan will keep up, period. Don't think it get much more "best" than "fastest sports sedan made, in a straight line or around a track"
ZR-1. Nuff said
C6. Nothing will touch it at the price.
Mustang GT. The new one looks to offer performance approaching that of an M3 in all regards. Nothing will touch it at the price.
Camaro. Fastest car sub 40k.
G8. Best performing sedan in the price range.

I don't know why people still put down American cars. For the most part, they're more reliable and cheaper to operate than anything we own. This ain't the 70s.
Because they made mostly crap for about 30+ years. It's going to take more than a couple of new models to undo the reputations they earned. I also think that interiors of most of the cars you list are still crap. I read an interesting article about GM that described their rigid processes which literally meant that they did often run out of money and time when it came to interiors. Only within the past year has bancrupcy forced them to abandon their inherently flawed approach. Maybe their 2013 or later cars will have all-around excellence.