11-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #59
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep

Drives: E46 2000 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
It weighs over 300 lbs more than a GT3. Only can match the GT3 RS' power with .6 liter more displacement. Its a great effort, no doubt, but still not the the level of a GT3/RS or 430 Scuderia. Youre saying this car will be faster than an f430 Scuderia which ran 7:39 on the ring, even though it weighs more and has much less hp??? Let alone be faster than a GT3/RS...give me a break.
It has the potential to be fast, but a 7:40 on the ring is still a ways off of the 7:33 the GT3 just ran. And wait until the GT3 gets PDK, it will be 7:20s.
you are definitely a porsche fan, also considering you claim to drive one as well. if ur saying the f430 scuderia ran a 7:39, please explain the 7:29 by the nissan gtr. the gtr weighs more than 1000lbs MORE than the scuderia!!! (or more than 35% heavier!) and has less power. the GT3 RS is a fantastic car no doubt, and im a big fan of porsche, particularly the new GT3 RS and 997.5 Turbo... but i think you're judging this GTS more than you rightfully can. you haven't even driven it, no one from the outside world has so there are no independent reports on how this GTS performs. please wait til the results are out. BMW is known to underrate their engines so im not surprised if it's actually got more than 450hp. also, if ppl judged the gtr by the numbers then they wouldn't be able to explain why the gtr is faster around the 'ring than a f430 scuderia, especially considering the huge weight difference and slight power difference.