View Single Post
      11-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #451
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousm3 View Post
Who said it has to cost the same money? The fact that its based on a 3 series should be an advantage... not a negative because of the ability to take a cheaper chassis (then say a 911 chassis) and then apply the ltw treatment to it.

Im not trying to justify $120,000 3 series but there is no reason BMW couldn't build a $75k-85k CSL m3, and it wouldn't sell here.

BTW I guess its obvious that racket bmw was pushing 2 years ago about, "A csl (or gt4 as it turns out) version wouldn't be a significant improvement on the normal e9x m3"... basically they added 30hp, bolted on coils & big brakes and replaced the front seats/removed the rears and the chassis is 15+ sec faster around the ring.
in fact i think they could do it cheap. based e92 m3 with carbon roof, strip that interior-no rear seats, no nav, no radio, recaro pp, coilover, volk 18" forged, stoptech bbk. minus these to the cost of all stock interior bit such as Nav, radio, leather, 19 oem forged rim, etc...etc.that they don't have to put in. they can do all this for less than 10k. no need for power increase, i believe it can still lap the ring in 7:40 if the weight saving is substantial enough.
Appreciate 0