I'm only interested in the exhaust and the seats
Originally Posted by southlight
I talked to a good Italian friend of mine (
) and we think that it might be the right time to share some information.
All kudos for this information goes to Savage.Ulm1!
I added some comments in light blue.
EDIT: Lemans_Blue_M added some more information in dark blue
- It won't be called M3 CSL.
- Instead, BMW will either call it "M3 GT4 Street" or "M3 GT".
Engine | Drivetrain
Chassis | Brakes | Aerodynamics:
- Naturally aspirated engine with an increased displacement of 4,400 cc (based on the S65).
- At least 450 hp, likely more. (445 HP)
- No information regarding KERS (KERS will likely debut in the F10 M5)
- 7 speed DCT only, no manual transmission.
- 'State of the art' exhaust system, but not Akrapovic.- (ARVIN MERITOR /w/200-cell race cats and 2 resonators)
- Brembo brakes (6 pistons front - 4 pistons rear) with steel brake discs. (365mm front, 345mm rear SLOTTED DISCS) Ceramic composite brakes optionally available.
- Weight reduction of 100 kg (220 lbs) compared to E92 M3, maybe even more. (due to the removal of the rear seat and the switch to lighter RECARO front race seats)
- Available as a 2 seater. However, rear seats are optionally available.
- Rollbars standard (there's a delete option).
- Adjustable front splitter. (made of ABS plastic)
- Adjustable mechanical suspension, no EDC. (SACHS)
- 25 mm lower compared to E92 M3
- Same width as the E92 M3.
- Fantastic new wheels. (BBS lightweight cast flow formed MESH)
- New 'state of the art' seats. (RECARO)
Note: There's no information as to its availability in the U.S. yet. (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE U.S.A.)
- Nuerburgring laptime: 7:40 min
- Not available through BMW dealer network, but directly from BMW Motorsport.
- Street legal (of course).
- Exclusively painted in Inka Orange (a hommage to early BMW race and sports cars). Availability of other colors at a later date.
- The car was tested secretly in France and on a private race track (likely Miramas).
- It will compete with the 911 GT3.
- Limited Production (some report 25 units per year).
- Price: Unknown, but less than the price for an 911 GT3. ($110,000 EUROS)