11-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #64
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
To be fair, I think in general most cops respect the medical community and vise versa. Both are familiar with seeing carnage from road traffic accidents and both appreciate the risks and results of speeding. IMO the doctor should not be speeding unless he has had some proper training on defensive driving like most cops do. Most likely the doctor was not concentrating on the traffic/conditions but trying to get from point A to point B as fast as possible.
The problem with 25 zones is that people are lazy, they take one look in the mirror, see nothing, then pull out after a few seconds and assume nothing is there.

As others have said just as some doctors abuse the "emergency" card, some cops abuse the "power" card. That's human nature and not indicative of the (respective) professions in general.

So maybe this doctor should have gotten a break, who knows, but the beauty of the system is, bring it to the judge and let him decide.

IMO, the judge will throw out the case.

Question is what did the OP learn from this?

Probably nothing, because he's buying a radar detector.
Exactly! This thread has devolved into a pissing match of epic proportions which was a little entertaining but has now jumped the shark. At this point no one sounds very mature

OP-the consensus here is a V1 detector and a Laser Interceptor jammer. I agree on the jammer; pricey but the best (about $700 front only/$1200 front and back) plus installation if you don't do it yourself.

V1 is also top notch but two additional considerations are whether RDs are illegal where you drive and how much of your "fast driving" is highway v side roads. If side roads and lots of false alarms bother you and if RDs are illegal you might consider the BEL STi-D or STi-R. I'm no expert but it's supposedly better at filtering false alarms and is completely stealth-undetectable to RD detectors that LEAs use. The R (for remote) can be founf on the internet for $600 the D (driver) for less.

Last edited by mphatic; 11-01-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo