View Single Post
      10-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #17
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
tom, i think you guys are great, but at the same time, i think this is a vendor fucking with another vendor.

on another note, i know mike IRL and he's a good guy. he was a regular poster on this forum long before he became a vendor. it was about passion before it was about making an income off selling BMW parts.

it is what it is, and people will choose where to spend their money, but i don't think a vendor should post some generic "here's how you should spend your money" spiel about another vendor. that's passive aggressiveness. because one shop is brick and mortar and one might not be is irrelevant. if one shop can offer the same product at a cheaper price and deliver the customer the same results cheaper, then why not?
As long as the vendor you are doing business with (past, present and future) can answer those questions and you have a certain comfort level achieved, there should be no problem. These should be guidelines for any vendor, no one is is being targeted nor is immune. I apologize if you felt my post was out of context.

For example, just take a look at how many "wheel companies" have appeared here on the forum in the past 8 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
tom, i think you guys are great, but at the same time, i think this is a vendor fucking with another vendor.

on another note, i know mike IRL and he's a good guy. he was a regular poster on this forum long before he became a vendor. it was about passion before it was about making an income off selling BMW parts.

it is what it is, and people will choose where to spend their money, but i don't think a vendor should post some generic "here's how you should spend your money" spiel about another vendor. that's passive aggressiveness. because one shop is brick and mortar and one might not be is irrelevant. if one shop can offer the same product at a cheaper price and deliver the customer the same results cheaper, then why not?
Knowing whom you are dealing with goes a long way, most individuals on the forum do not have that luxury.