10-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #100
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
nos, did you vote for Bush? Because his whole reason for not supporting stem cell research is his religious upbringing.

How many candidates did you vote for who think gays should not be recongnized as married? Was it a fundamental fear of homosexuality, or their religious upbringing?

Best regards,
Wede
I did not vote for Bush in either election -- Nader in 2000 (college idealism run amok) and Kerry in 2004. Part of my reasons for not voting for Bush were due to my perceptions at the time that religion commanded too much of his decision-making process. However, I really didn't get much into understanding politics until late 2005 / early 2006, so I can't say that I did any rational analysis to support my perception.

The homosexual aspect of politics is of course of personal interest to me. Interestingly, no major party candidate, Democrat or Republican, has publicly supported a position that would allow men to marry men, or women to marry women, not even President Obama. Their reasons for doing so are varied, from the fear of what same-sex marriage might do to the institution of the family and/or children, to simply not wishing to alienate members of their party who would dislike them supporting same-sex marriage. So with that said, no candidate for whom I've voted has supported same-sex marriage.