Colonel
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Sorry thats not accurate. In the Orthodox and Catholic tradition, which are the oldest Christian religions, it is considered the actual body and blood of Jesus. The reason for that is, is that at the last supper he said "This is my body...this is my blood" while breaking the bread and pouring the wine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Google eucharistic miracles. Even people I've debated with (either here or on bimmerfest) have said as much. I was first clued in by a story a few months back about Florida student Webster Cook who tried to walk out of church without consumeing a wafer (to protest state funding of the chapel). Someone saw him and he was damn near lynched from the sound of it. He gave the wafer back a week later after receiving numerous threats on his life. Many people threatening him claimed he had kidnapped Jesus.

A good number of people take this very seriously, and think those crackers are LITERALLY Jesus' body.

I agree with Prowess: many of the founding fathers were very secular, and many were religious. The main point is, to protect all of their views, they set up a very secular government that protects the rights of the minority.
Shows you how much I paid attention in Sunday school and confirmation class.