View Single Post
      10-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #16
Ajax-Prime
Hydrocarbon Man

Drives: Still waiting on Stuttgart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeair View Post
Ajax - that was precisely my concern, and I asked before finalizing to verify this was an E92 fitment, not the sedan. D'z seemed certain it was, but I certainly can't break the code on what the significance of the scalloped/non-scalloped versions are. My concern is obviously that the non-scalloped version he's sold me is either a) not a Race or b) not proper fitment for my coupe.

BTW - I really appreciate you chiming in, particularly given that you've got a set for sale as well. I hope I don't end up with a problem trying to go a route with connecting pipes....

The posts in the Eisenmann overview thread would lead me to the opposite conclusion from what you posted. It opens with basically small/scalloped = sedan, large/non-scalloped = coupe.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170265

I'm still waiting to hear from him. I've PM'd and faxed my request for clarification to him. I'm obviously not the expert he is, and will likely simply have to rely on his accuracy. I'm cool with that, but am still confused!!!

I'm assuming the E90 version will not fit my coupe. Could anyone verify that for me, perhaps?
Hmmm. I understand your confusion, but not sure if I can provide a concrete answer. I DO know that there is a difference (I believe it's the length of the tips) between the sedan and coupe fitments. I also think that the labels on your pic might be mixed up. The reason why I say this is that both Eisenmann systems I have run had the scallop, and the difference between Sport and Race is VERY discernible.

While I didn't check the plate on the Sport before it was installed, I have a photo from my original Race. It clearly says that it was for E92/E93. So, unless there is some 'randomness' factor in Eisenmann's production, my gut tells me Dz's may be a Race, but for the E90...
Attached Images

Ajax-Prime is offline   United_States