View Single Post
      10-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #62
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Nostrum9:
That one is particularly rich. Elitest? We're not the ones claiming to be chosen by and in direct communication with the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. Claiming to know only what can be proven is, in my opinion, very humble. I treat religious beliefs no different than any other beliefs. They should not be put on a pedestal. How do you treat the "pastafarians"? How would you treat someone who believed in superheros? What if these people were trying to push an agenda? How are these supernatural beliefs any different?
I would treat them just the way i would treat you. And don't mistake that for anything bad or sarcastic. We established in another thread a while back that outside of this forum and the confines of these religious conversations; we'd likely be totally cool with each other.

And don't act like you're so naive that you don't know that EVERY GROUP is pushing an agenda. You’re more educated than that.

I'm assuming that your comment about atheists being a despised minority came from poll information. I'm only pointing out, through deductive reasoning, why the polls likely show that data. It doesn't mean i agree with it or think its "right".

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 10-23-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States