View Single Post
      10-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #65
WHM3

Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Anyone else with a leaking E93 M3 Roof?

Hi all. I'm new here. A few months ago, I took delivery of a new-to-me 2008 E93. It replaced my beloved E36 M3C.

I'll add another data point. My car leaks by just sitting parked in the rain. There are leaks at both "C" pillars as well as where the top meets the windshield on the passenger side. The last one is the worst. When I make a right turn, I get small streams of water pouring onto the passenger seat. In the back, the liner is very wet in both spots. When dry, you can see mineral deposits both inside and outside on the passenger side...clearly that's been a problem for a while.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that such an expensive and new car to leak like this. It's not like BMW hasn't made convertibles in the past. My E36 never leaked a single drop. Yes, it's a much simpler mechanism with much fewer seams where water can leak. But, keeping water out isn't rocket science (unlike the top mechanism itself...what a marvel!)

I'll be taking it into the dealer for this as well as a very annoying acceleration issue, which I need to see if others on this forum have experienced.

While I love this car, I'm second guessing myself for buying it used. My E36 was purchased new (and at the end of the model run) so it was darn near perfect (they had 7 years to work out issues).

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!