View Single Post
      10-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
herbz
hi
 
Drives: '86 325e
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: outside boston MA

Posts: 839
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
No wonder no one buy FORD...how come there's still 4.5 million on the road???

Its not a big issue, coz I bet 90% of them are still at the dealership, and the remaining 10% belongs to rental companies...



http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/13/news...call/index.htm
Why don't you post the story about Toyota floormats causing the acceleration pedal to depress all the way? At least Ford does the recall before their mistake kills 4 people.

Here, I'll do it for you:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1995-Green...n-Car-Examiner

Quote:
Toyota is recalling 3.8 million Toyota and Lexus models for a simple but critical safety problem that could cause the car to accelerate uncontrolably and kill you, your passengers or those in another vehicle.

Simple because the safety problem is the floor mat. Critical because the floor mat defect already has caused serious accidents. Like the one that killed four people riding in a 2009 Lexus ES 350 in California recently.

My sources at Toyota-Lexus tell me it is not a recall -- yet -- just what's being called a "safety advisory to owners of affected models. Our engineers are working with NHTSA on a potential fix beyond the retention hooks that are already in the vehicles."

Even though it is a legal distinction, to those of us who own and drive the affected Toyota and Lexus models, there is no difference between the words 'safety advisory' and 'recall'. Whatever you call it, Toyota and NHTSA say it's a bad enough problem that could kill you. Get it fixed.

What is not being said is that this is not a new problem. Toyota and Lexus have known about this problem for two years. Consumer Reports reported In October 2007 -- two years ago -- that Toyota recalled 55,000 floor mats for the same problem of unintended acceleration. That recall was under the wire. This one is front page news. And it already is damaging Toyota's reputation for building quality, problem-free vehicles.

SEE VIDEO BELOW

It is the largest recall in Toyota history, ordered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It covers these Toyota and Lexus models from 2004 to 2010 --

Toyota cars and trucks -- Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Toyota Avalon, Toyota Tacoma

Lexus cars -- Lexus ES 350, Lexus IS 250, Lexus IS 350

If you own one of these models, remove the driver side floor mat immediately, because it could stick under the accelerator and cause what is being called very diplomatically and very legally "unintended speed". Then, drive to the nearest Toyota or Lexus dealer for a quick fix.

My buddies at the auto blog RPMGO report the California accident involved an off-duty state trooper and three of his family members, which crashed when the 2009 Lexus ES 350 reached the 'unintended speed' of 120mph, the vehicle's max.

And earlier this year, Toyota recalled nearly 3/4 million cars made in China for a problem with car windows that could cause the vehicle to catch fire.
An off duty state police officer and 3 of his family members were killed when his Lexus ES 350 (AKA TOYOTA CAMRY + $10000) RENTAL CAR (LOL) accelerated uncontrollably because the FLOORMAT pressed the pedal down. They are recalling 4 million cars.
herbz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote