View Single Post
      09-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 08 M3

sorry if i worded it wrong. yeah i have the 6sp manual. sorry used man for short then realized it sounded like i was asking which is better for a man lol

yeah i forgot the dct was 7 gears and all different

good to know you like the 4.10 for the 6sp. so you noticed a big difference in acceleration?? also is the cruising really not that much higher on the rpm??

thanks alot

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I'm not sure that I understand your question. Is your car a 6MT or a DCT? The 4.10 is for the 6MT, while the 3.62 and 3.45 are for the DCT.

The 6MT and the DCT have entirely different gear ratios, with the DCT being much lower in the first two gears, in particular. Some people say that the 3.62 is too low for the DCT, but that depends on how you plan to use it. (It'll work and feel faster, but is actually slower in the 1/4-mile). Anyway, if the 3.62 is marginally or arguably too low for the DCT, then the 4.10 is going to be way too low, such that 1st gear wouldn't even be needed to get rolling. Also, that would likely confuse the DCT's computer no end.

So, the 4.10 is superb for the 6Mt. I've got it and love it. If you want to change the FD on a DCT you should search the threads about that to help you decide which you'll like most. There's been lots of discussion here.

Dave