View Single Post
      09-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #45
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
MDM as standard.
I seriously agree. It's called M Dynamic Mode and it's NOT ON ALL M cars???
The WORST part of the current set up is, you HAVE to buy the Nav in order to get M Dynamic Mode. Can someone explain that to me. You can't get a simple car with all the performance options unless you get Nav with the ugly double hump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
CF roof for the E90
Makes sense since the sedan roof is larger than the coupe's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelalfy1989 View Post
Personal options someone who pays 75k for an M expects a balance of luxury and spotiness. Not an honda civic with funny seats just to save weight and lose comfort and look of an M. you guys don't seem to understand European levels of luxury.

Lol typical Honda civic move you are driving an M. Treasure it for being the most comfortable sports car there is. rear seat deletion? You think a luxury brand like BMW will do this? lol funny.

very good points. Finally someone who understands BMW standards. I'm very amazed because its exactly what I want. Standard common thinks should be standard and Options should be offered. Maybe Heated steering wheel for Winters in Canada as well as hmm Heads up display for those that want a little more luxury. Not saying standard but OPTIONS.

Heads up display?

REAR VIEW CAMERA THAT A MOST ON A 75K CAR. I THINK THATS A MUST. THANK YOU
You are the new breed of M buyers... and it's REALLY sad. People like you are the reason we have M SUV's, big fat M cars and enthusiast like Sticky thinking about getting rid of their cars (I don't like HOW he said things, but his ideas are right on). You don't seem to understand the original M-Philosophy per the head of M a couple years ago in Roundel. He said an M car has to be lighter weight, so no 7 series or SUV's. It cannot have an torque converter tranny, and will have a high revving naturally aspirated motor. Now look at what we have.

A HUD is a LUXURY item? That's funny, when I drove an M5 with a HUD, it allowed me to keep my eyes on the track while still seeing what RPM I was at and what gear I was in. I guess I missed the luxury part of it.

A rear view camera is a MUST??? This is pathetic.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 09-15-2009 at 11:42 PM.