Originally Posted by quality_sound
That's pretty sweet. Kinda makes me think twice about iDrive.
thanks, yea there is a lot of reasons why I take this over iDrive
1) Can't stand the location of iDrive screen, especially at night the constant light source right there drives me crazy as I'm looking out the windshield.
2) Too many menus and not enough buttons to quickly navigate through different options
3) If you include GPS with iDrive, the price is much more than this mod
4) Touch screen on the Eclipse is so easy to use and the GPS has tons of info and options that are only one touch away
5) iPod control is really cool, only a $30 connector as opposed to $400 for iDrive from BMW. Your full iPod is on the screen with all menus and options, including video playback just one touch away.
Only thing that sucks is they haven't developed an adapter to allow the steering wheel controls to be integrated. I'm guessing they won't since it's quite a custom job to fit this into a BMW that probably only a handful of people will do it.