View Single Post
      08-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #81
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z View Post
BMW-M-Mexico, I perfectly understand you want to stick with RDSport parts, but you could easily save a lotta more weight by using

- dymag wheels

- ericsson + seibon + vorsteiner = FULL CARBON FIBER BODY PANELS ( front + rear bumpers, side skirts, doors, roof, bootlid, hood & front fenders.) Only the rear quarter panels are still in metal since they are a part of the bodyshell.

- Movi't Ceramic brake discs.

- other seats than the BMWP ones.

Just my ideas. What do you think ??
Agreed this is all possible and are good ideas for sure, but Dymag wheels are NOT lighter than these, CCB we considered but donīt trust Moviīt and Brembo etc... does not make these for the M3... making all sorts of adaptations to fit say Porsche CCB we thought was way too risky. I went with the BMW seats knowing that they are heavier because they have side impact air bags and am unwilling to eliminate these. Bootlid, roof are already full CF and rear apron is also mostly CF and a tad lighter. I agree on some of the other CF components but I honestly donīt like some of those parts at least from what I have seen. I will consider identical to OE CF doors, side skirts an the like