E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
"Felipe WILL RACE AGAIN"

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...460105,00.html

Quote:
Felipe Massa's personal doctor insists the Brazilian will return to Formula One following his horrific accident.

There are still concerns over the Ferrari driver's F1 future after suffering a fractured skull and an injury to his left eye during an accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Doctors, though, have already confirmed that Massa is responding well to treatment and he could be discharged in the next fortnight.

Dino Altmann, Felipe Massa's personal doctor, says the Brazilian's condition has improved a lot in the last few days.

"I have no doubt Felipe will race again," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I'm sure of that.

"The situation is still delicate, but I believe his life is not in danger anymore. From the beginning I felt that the trauma wasn't as extended as it was believed, but the improvements of the last hours have gone beyond our wildest expectations.

"Stimulated by the physiotherapist, he showed he knows left from right and he has full awareness of distance and depth. And his memory loss regards a short time.

"His eye has been opened, with care because it is still swollen, and he has said he can see. His vision has not weakened.

"He gave appropriate answers in three languages: Portuguese, Italian, and English. That means that the brain's cognitive area is fine."