11-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #18
CA06
Private First Class

Drives: '06 Black Sapphire 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i
First of all, this thread has nothing to do with our soldiers -- they are doing their job, the best they can and God bless them. Second, Bush is an IDIOT! Third -- Bush is a liar! Next -- I don't believe in the values our Gov't does, why would Iraqis??? 65% of US people do not believe in our Gov't beliefs, so...
Iraqi people did want freedom from Hussein, however, all they got is the occupation, so they are fighting it. It is clear to anyone that our occupation is NOT welcome over there. You watch FOX News and CNN videos on your TV in Cali and tell me how people love us for what we did. I watch the news in Europe, China, Japan, Korea, India (Business travels) and see the other, real side of the story.
So, if you can somehow persuade me that removing Hussein was more important than dealing with our internal problems, or making sure N Korea does not have the nukes, or making sure that Iran does not have the nukes, or who knows what else, I will stop calling Bush a liar and an idiot, otherwise...lets just hope not many of our kids (soldiers) and Iraqi innocent people loose their heads in the mess we created...
Let me first start by saying I truly appreciate your service to this country back in ’91, and I can see that you are very passionate about this subject. Let me be so kind to clarify some points to your comments on what I said and your response.

First of all, this thread has nothing to do with our soldiers –You’re absolutely correct; this thread has nothing to do with our soldiers. If you reread my point you’d see that I am addressing the freedom of speech that we have, where in other regions people do not share that same freedom

Second, Bush is an IDIOT! Third -- Bush is a liar!
“Freedom of Speech” – you have your opinion. I can respect that. Can you respect mine? Do you realize that someone in Iraq would have been killed if they said that about Saddam.

Next – I don't believe in the values our Gov't does, why would Iraqis???
You seem to think that ‘only’ your way is correct. Why would the Iraqis?? If you don’t believe in our Government, you can do something about it, vote. The Iraqi people were given the chance to vote and they turned out in the millions. They elected a government of the people, they drafted a constitution, and they are allowing women rights they never had…

65% of US people do not believe in our Gov't beliefs, so...
I respectfully disagree. I think the US people disagree with the action of our Gov’t.

Iraqi people did want freedom from Hussein, however, all they got is the occupation, so they are fighting it.I find this word “occupation” used so much that you’d think we were trying to take over this country. Far from it! I believe, you may think different, that we are only “occupying” this country because of the insurgents that do not want the Iraqi people to have a democracy. If the Iraqi government could be stabilized, I have no doubt in my mind we would leave.

So, if you can somehow persuade me that removing Hussein was more important than dealing with our internal problems,…
I never said that removing Hussein from power was more important than our internal problems. Yes, we have ‘important’ internal problems that need to be addressed. But I think our government is capable of multitasking, and I’m not just talking about our current administration, I’m talking about our government structure.

…or making sure N Korea does not have the nukes, or making sure that Iran does not have the nukes, or who knows what else,...
Who do you think owns this problem? What do you suggest the U.S. do? Why does everyone think the U.S. owns the world’s problems, but when the U.S. steps in to do something we are hated for it.