View Single Post
      11-30-2006, 07:38 AM   #17
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckJon
I like how you think you see the real side of the story from the news. Why don't you talk to the Iraqi folks dude, come on over here and then you can claim to get the "real story". Yeah there are a shitload of them that don't want us there, but there are also a whole lot of them that we are helping and that DO want us there. Granted, yeah the news over there doesn't have as much of the American bias, it still has its own in some way. Just don't think you know the real story cause you do business travel and watch other news dude. The news isn't everywere out here. In fact they only go to places they think are newsworthy. So until you get your ass out here, don't claim to know the real story.

CA06 said it best
"I don't have an answer to this mess, but, I know that we cannot cut and run. We are fighting a group that will never believe in the same values as our government, so this fight will continue no matter where our troops are, at home or abroad."
I do agree with you about the news thing...
The point I was trying to make is that this side of the news make it more realistic that Bush and our censored news do. Of course some people will love us over there, but we all know majority of them do not.

As for my ass out there...I've done my "duty" in another country in 1991, thinking I was protecting it, that is why I am the citizen of the USA now. And I swore I would PROTECT my country (USA), but never said I would OCCUPY other countries. Therefore, you will never see my ass over there in Iraq...