View Single Post
      07-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep

Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

lv: Thanks again for the invite. It was a day I will not soon forget. Driving this road should be made mandatory for all M3 owners, but to shadow an R8 at an aggressive pace through the turns was an absolute blast! We were also very fortunate that there was virtually no other traffic.

Outside temps were 104 at the East Fork. Next time I'll consider making the run in the early a.m. Despite the heat, the Brembos did not give a hint of fade at the limit. The newly purchased set of PS2's stuck to the ground extremely well around the corners, but I realized when I got home that an aggressive day on that road takes its toll on the rubber in a big way.

FYI: There have been a couple of serious accidents since GMR has re-opened. Let's keep it safe out there so CHP doesn't have to start restricting us. Though seldom traveled, this is a public road with an occasional bicyclist or vehicle. Stay in your lanes and use some common sense around blind turns, etc.

good times

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB