07-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #56
red.66mustang
Black.e90
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 325i,blk,man, sport, xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
Ummmmm, smooth roads my a@@!!! Oregon roads are some of the worst rutted roads in the Nation, thanks to arcane laws that allow studded tires from November to April.

Come on, admit that you weren't wondering who put the gravel road in the middle of the freeway! If you didn't notice you are deaf, or have no feeling in your rump.

OK, some of the snow covered roads in the mountains can be smooth because they don't see bare pavement during 'stud' season. I've lived in Chicago, so while frost heaves and pot holes are bad, the ruts here are worse...

Sorry for the rant, our roads just torque me off...

Nice car by the way- those wheels look similar to the RAC wheels (kinda if you squint!).
As a resident of Oregon couldn't agree more! Some of the highways are decent (1-5, parts of I-205) but the surface streets in Portland suck! Potholes everywhere! Driving 35 mph over intersections is like going over train tracks. Godd*mn hippies won't let us use chemicals to get rid of snow and ice in winter so we are stuck with studded tires, chains, and gravel ruining our roads.

As a part-time resident of SoCal, I prefer the roads down there to Oregon...sorry for my rant but I had to get that of my chest!

Love the M3!