Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96OCTNE View Post
I never liked these races from M5boards, even the ones with the M3 beating other cars. I would rather see a vid of both speedos at the bottom corners of the screen. You can easily make these races as fake as you want. Not saying they are, just saying I don't believe them. No times, no speedos, just video from a roll. Some of you disagree that mashing the gas from a stop isn't a real test, but I disagree. "factors out the driver", I can't count how many times people post "it comes down to the driver".

Anyways, I think the M3 would be able to hold it's own against the XFR from a stop. That's my opinion, hate it or love it.

Also remember you're comparing an NA car to a supercharged one. So performance-wise, I'm not impressed by the XFR. It does look nice though.
The M3 is an impressive car but it's not immoral, there are superior cars out there with the XFR being one of them. I you honest think the results would be that different from a stand still then you are barking, all the Jaguar requires is to disengage DSC and hold the brake while building the revs and then side step the brake pedal, what could be simpler. Definitely not the DCT M3 with it's select s5 mode, disengage DSC, hold level forward until chequered flag appears on display and then floor throttle pedal. Do all of that and the Jag will be half a mile up the road.

I know it's away from the main subject but seriously, BMW need to uncomplicated their LC setup.