▀▄ eas | Rogue Engineering E9X M3 OCTANE SSK DIY instructions
View Single Post
06-09-2009, 02:04 PM
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA
2008 ESS VT2-525 Z4MC
2011 ESS VT2-625 M3
13. Heat shielding is to be removed next to access driveline assembly
14. Start by removing all small screws that hold on shielding
Image of Guibo and bottomside of stock shifter assembly
15. Remove transmission carrier assembly and driveline mount, transmission will drop slightly downward to allow additional clearance to shifter assembly
16. Remove retaining clips on selector rod (1 on each side) and shifter assembly (total of 2) with a using a pick tool.
17. Preparing for driveshaft removal (optional, but allows additional clearance)
Driveshaft mark for proper alignment when reinstalling
18. Free pin bushing from undercarriage using a small screwdriver to work the bushing out of place, being careful not to bend the metal around it.
19. Remove shifter from vehicle.
20. Transfer robber from stock shifter to new RE shifter
That's it. Reinstall your new RE shifter using the following steps in reverse.
european auto source (eas)
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 x22 | fax: 714.908.1796
tom @ eas
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by tom @ eas