View Single Post
      06-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
FrenchBoy
Major

Drives: '09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
My understanding is that pulling the pins simply provides more "potential" movement. In order to realize that potential, you need to unbolt and slide the mounts, so alignment seems necessary after that is done as that is not exactly a precise operation, but someone should confirm this.
I am planning to have my favorite shop tweak my car alignment by maximizing the camber I can get from the stock setup and going zero toe in the front.

The alignment pin in the shock tower support plate needs to be removed to get maximum camber. Just to be clear, this should be doable from within the engine bay by loosening the 3 suspension bolts on each side and pulling the pin out. No need to pull the suspension assembly out. Is this correct?

On a seperate note, I am also planning to have the shop fit my Schroth 4-point harness in the M3. I have the E46 quick fit kit (from my old E46) but Schroth does not make a E90 quick fit kit yet. The plan is to use the E46 kit and use one of the front seats attachment bolts. Hope it works!

2009 E90 M3 | SG | FR | 6Speed | Akrapovic Evo | JRZ RS1 | StopTech Trophy | Cantrell Brake Ducts
FrenchBoy is offline   France