06-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #38
Periokid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
We looked at this method first. There are two problems
1. the exit pipes are 2", not 2.5" and one would have to be devoted to the valves, so that means a restriction all the time for when the valves are closed. We could obviously make larger pipes, but this is a lot of work because of the proximity of the tips and general spacing.
2. the second and harder problem is where do you put the valves? they cant go inside the muffler because of heat and what if they needed replacement? It would be timely to fab a indent or cutout section to accommodate the valves. We could put them external just behind the muffler, but there is little room there and there is a spacing issue between the exit pipes - only about 1/4-1/2" gap.

The way we're going ahead is the cleanest and requires the least modification, and presents no negative side effects.
I figured as much. I can't wait to see the results!! The other thing I was thinking...Instead of going inside the can, how about just tapping the pipes before they enter the muffler. Your way seems nicer but certainly more work. I am really looking forward to seeing this.
Appreciate 0