View Single Post
      05-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
RWD only.

Drives: 2015 S550 GT

How much does it matter to you?

When comparing cars people tend to argue over marginal differences in performance. Car A hits 60 a few tenths quicker than Car B. This car pulls .05g more than that car. This car traps a few mph fast than the other. This will lap the nurburgring 5 seconds faster than the other one. Etc etc.

In the real world, it really doesn't make a difference, unless you have to have the faster car, be it only by a little.

I should say that this pertains more to cars that are positioned to compete with one another, like the M3, C63, IS-F and RS4.

Does it really matter if one of those is faster than the other? On paper maybe, but I couldn't give a rat's ass if I had the faster or slower car of the bunch.

To me, it comes down to the driving experience. I don't see the point in owning the faster car on paper if it's not as involving or not as fun. I see so many arguments on this forum that go 10+ pages-long about how the GTR can (or can't) achieve its fabled 'Ring time. Honestly, who cares? Does it really matter?

That's what I'm wondering. How do you all see it.
Past:'08 E92 335i|ZPP|ZSP|6AT|four (4) HPFPs

Present:'15 Mustang GT|401A|PP|6MT|Recaros
Sig pic unrelated. I like to go sideways and stuff.