Originally Posted by themonotron
Yes, I had a chance to look at the car the same day, but I couldn't pick it up until 2 days after. Before delivery I would check to make sure the paint is flawless. At first inspection my car looked good, but after picking her up and giving her a car wash and upon closer inspection there is some strange residue on the side skirts and the rear bumper. Double check to make sure she's perfect before you pick her up!
Yea, probably take the day off from work to get there while the sun is still out so I can see for any issues with the paint. This is the first time I read about any wax residue being left behind from shipping....I'll definitely check.
Other than that...upon receiving the car I figure I need to check for the following:
1) Paint (no chips, excessive swirls, scrapes under bumper)
2) Panels/lining (none loose, lines match up, no excessive gaps, no peeling)
3) Rims/Tires (no chips, scrapes, dents)
4) Engine (no scratches, fuild levels normal, ...)
5) Interior (no tears/scratches in leather or dash, all buttons functional, USB and IPOD ports ok)
6) Should be provided (2 sets of keys, manual, floor mats, flashlight?, wheel lock?, tool kit?)
Quick list I threw together...any other suggestions?