View Single Post
      05-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #39
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranlavin View Post
Yup, that's the one I ran. It was just such a disapointment in comparison to the big track. Imagine driving 10 hours or so to find out you're not doing the big track! To make matters worse it was a PCA event and they had cup cars and everything. Some incredible Porsches over on the big track that day.

Also part of the problem with the DDT was that the knucklehead running the event decided that the two beginner groups would run with the "infield" portions and the more advanced group would run without them. My friend and I trailered only one car and we were running all sessions. That was confusing enough to the point where one would need to ride to "navigate" If that wasn't bad enough, in the afternoon they opened up the outer loop to the beginners who were confused as to which part of the track they should be using. It got downright dangerous between trying to determine which group we were out in and whether or not to take the inner loops. Add the confusion of everyone else there and there were quite a few close calls. Very unsafe. The same guy organized a track day at the big track and asked if we'd come instruct last minute and I declined just based on safety alone.

That said, it definitely seems like a fun track if you live within a 2 hour drive or so but for that long of a drive, I'd want to do the big track!
The big track has a lot of issues for students.A good time in a fast street car is over 100 mph average and because it is an old style track with little runoff,when mistakes happen it is usually a big one!I have raced there for a long time and the problem is that a lot of people are fast only at Mosport and have zero car control skills when they are tracking around fast corners,not driving at the limit .The DDT is a great place to teach people as it much better to put a student at the limit in a 50 mph corner than a 100 mph one and the skills that are learned there are much easier to transfer to a faster track.