View Single Post
      04-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Great install!!! You can see my K40 Calibre indash install in a nearby thread. I really wanted the 9500 built in but the lack of rear radar detection killed the deal.
I presume because it doesn't have a clear "view". Does that mean that only windshield units have 360 degree protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503Alex View Post
Thanks! The jammers will work in the mesh on the front of the M3, Pencil Geek is running this set-up with the jammers behind the mesh on a Passport 9500ci.
There was another thread that went to great lengths discussing that there is significant degredation behind the mesh and a much better chance for punchthrough on the laser. Can someone clarify this? It's a big investment to not have it work... and costly when you find out it doesn't when the cop walks up to your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
Slick install. Maybe even worth a drive down! I'm still debating on whether to go with the ci or a windshield unit.
Me too. Hence the questions above. I think I've settled the 9500 v. V1 debate, in my mind (people have very loyal allegiance both ways), and am thinking it's worth the custom install for the 9500ci, but for the $$$$, want to know it works like a charm, from all sides...

Also have issue with a jammer in Colorado.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
ColoCane is offline   United_States