04-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #52
TIMBO_M3
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
Are you sure your car is already being built? My understanding is that as of mid March, the alarm is a factory option only. They are not pre-wiring so that the dealer can add it later. I just got my change in before my car went 150 status. I am not sure if the factory installed alarm is exactly the same or a revised version. I don't know if they add the red nose if the alarm is not ordered. I will be at the Welt on Friday and will ask them.

It seems like there is a lot of confusion about the March changes.
This alarm this has been a big pain in the arse for me! My car was ordered 3/23 and finished procuction on 4/9. When I ordered it, the alarm was not an option yet and my car went to 150 status before I could do anything (we changed a car already scheduled for production with my options...so 150 came quick). Dealership ensured me that it is coming prewired though. So, I demanded a quote for the install so that they wouldn't charge me any more if it didn't come prewired. Figured that was the best I could do right now. The alarm can be found on the accessories page on the BMWUSA site for $571. Initial quote including labor was over $900. I got them down some, but it's still costing way more than the now $400 option....bad timing huh.

2009 E92 M3 6MT Jet Black
Mods: MS Air Filter | MS spacers (bulldog stance) | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | Matte Black Kidney Grills and Gills | BMW Performance Pedals | EAS Aftermarket Alarm System| AiB Headlights | Tint
TIMBO_M3 is offline   United_States