04-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
The M5 driver is TVAS from M5board. Dunno about the Audi driver but he may be a member of www.teabagged.com

The M5 guy spent $2000 or less. The biggest gains from the charcoal filter removal and the RPI scoops.

I would agree a tune on a turbo car would yield bigger results....as in any naturally aspirated vs FI car.
$2000 equates to about 1350 which would give the RS6 an almighty boost in power, more than my 60hp estimates. But the real surprise is that in this race the M5 won with relative ease but in the one conducted by Gustav even the M5 complete with ECU upgrade and exhaust could even get on level pegging with the RS6. Maybe the weather play a part in that race or both races were very much down to the ability of the drivers in each.

Though as much as I like the M5 as a concept I would still pick the RS6 even if in stock form it was slower (which it isn't) because it's a more rounded car, it's both mighty quick, easy to drive quickly and very impressive as something with can take on the role of a top class limo comforting it's passengers with a gear shift that can smooth out the rough edges that are ever present in the SMG.

Now if the M5 had came with either a true auto or better still a DCT then I might find it more difficult to decide on which is the better car.
footie is offline   No_Country