View Single Post
      03-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #29
JIO
Captain

Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell21633 View Post
i was referred to here from another forum. i'm sorry to say, but having your jammer heads placed behind the kidney grilles will render them nearly useless. your slats on the grills are an obstruction from both the detection and jamming of laser. they should be placed in an area that is unobstructed. for the money spent, you really should install them properly. please no offense, but this is similar to the likes of cobra detector users running around with them pointed at the sky thinking they will do just fine. you may be able to get away with placing the heads vertical in between the slats, or you should place them in the front mouth. also, please keep in mind that the officer may in fact have gotten punchthrough and obtained a speed reading.. just that he didn't pull you over because your speedometer is calibrated from the factory to show a higher speed reading than actual, sometimes as high as 10% over.

also, depending on the combination of what laser gun and laser jammer is being used, the officer will either see no speed reading "----" or will see an error code "E14" or some other, but not necessarily a jam code. laser atlanta, stalker, and lti have jam detection, but may or may not indicate a jam code depending on the equipment combination.

see my cardomain for an example
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3163955
if you stop by illinois anytime, shoot me a PM and we can test it. i have a laser atlanta speedlaser s.
Before picking the Blinder M25 and the Cheetah Wireless kit, I researched them for 6 months looking at all the tests and where the sensors were mounted. If you look at long shot from the laser gun, it'll have a beam that's probably 3'+ in diameter and will cover 1/2 of the front of the car. The jammer will easily pick it up and jam it. Now at close range and a steep angle, if the gun is shot at the headlights, the jammer probably won't pick it up. It's at that point I want them to be able to read my speed. With the jammer I wanted two things....not to see the sensors sitting out unobstructed, and jam a long range shot. I'm guessing the police will try for a long range shoot so they have time to flag me over or give chase. It's like my Valentine 1....I hope the cop will take a long distance shot so my radar detector can warn me in time to slow down. It the cop is using the "instant on" gun and waits until I'm close, yea, he'll get me.

If it doesn't work, I'll probably find out sometime, and I'll remove the jammer. It's one of the reasons I went with the wireless kit...easy to install and easy to remove. The Blinder kit has a 45 second testing available with a TV remote. I could easily trip the sensors at a 45 angle to the grill. I'm betting it'll work. If it doesn't, I'll report back. This is my $460 or so experiment.

Thanks for the suggestions though....I definitely won't blame it on the Blinder. I always take full responsibility for my actions. Besides, I'll be 60 this year, and at that age, I can do whatever I damn well please...he he