View Single Post
      10-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #101
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil
I find myself wondering if you really believe what you write or if you are attempting a parody of some sort.

What you present as the dialogue that occured would be funny if I did not think you seriously believed this is the way it happened. It actually went something more like this:

1991 - 1998
Saddam - Kuwait is Iraq's 19th province.
UN - Get out of Kuwait. If you do not, we will remove you.
Iraq refuses and is forced out of Kuwait.
Saddam - May we please have a ceasefire?
UN - If you want a ceasefire, you have to agree to the following terms including the complete declaration of and monitored destruction of all your Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, and ballistic missile weapons.
Saddam - OK. Deal
UN - How much of the banned stuff do you have? Where is it all?
Saddam - I have X and it is here, here, and here.
UN - Hey! This is only 1/2 X. Where is the rest?
Saddam - I don't have anymore.
UN - Really? Then why did we find this over here and that over there?
Saddam - Oh yeah, I had that too. But, I promise that is all of it.
UN - Can we take a look over there to make sure?
Saddam - No
UN - But you agreed to let us look wherever we want and we still haven't found the other 1/2 X.
Saddam - I destroyed the rest and it is not here anymore.
UN - We want to look over there to make sure.
Saddam - No
I hate to make light of what happened but the facts are that Iraq submitted no fewer than 3 Full, Final and Complete Declarations of their chemical weapons inventory and capabilities, 4 Full, Final and Complete Declarations of their biological weapons inventory and capabilities, and 3 Full, Final and Complete Declarations of their ballistic missile inventory and capabilities from 1992 to 2002. Is this really someone you would trust?

Saddam was bad to his own people but he was also bad to the people of Iran, Kuwait, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. He invaded two of his neighbors and launched missiles at two others. What separated Saddam from the others you mentioned was that he USED chemical weapons against his own and other people.

One more thing, I am curious what do you believe President Bush should be charged with?
Clearly charged with:
1) Killing innocent civilians -- then call it all Colleteral Damage (why would not OBL call the 9-11 stuff colleteral damage)?
2) Lying to the UN, then going against UN resolution
3) Shit that happened in Iraq with marines killing 20 innocent Iraquis -- do you think that Milosevic took the gun and killed innocent people -- NO. Others did, but he was charged for that in Hague. What is different with W?
4) Occupying the sovereign country because he thought they had... Then he admitted it was a false intel

Next -- Saddam uset bio weapon on his own people and killed 10k of them -- bad thing!

However, the USA is THE ONLY country in the history of human kind that have used the WMD against the other nation and in asecond wiped out 250k citizens of Japan, then used Geneva prohibited Napal and Cluster bombs in Vietnam, Bosnia and Kosovo!!! So, who would you trust now buddy???

Enough of that propaganda crap that I hear every day on TV. Get the facts then talk to me.

And DO NOT involve the UN or any normal Government with Iraq at all, please.