ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i
Again, I salute you all for DOING your job!
I despise the leaders for allowing some of you not to return for their own causes. Our military is our DEFENSe, unfortunately, lately has been used SOLELY as the OFFENSE force!

As for the dialogue: Please explain it to me.
Saddam -- you have the WMD.
No I dont -- show it to me!
Blix find them. I could not find them!
OK, Powell, put together the PPT presentation and show the world they have it!
(Damn stupid French, Russian, Chinese, Germans, Belgians, Dutch... did not buy your little presentation).
Saddam you have 10 days to leave your country with your family OR...

*10 days later*
Dear citizens -- we have exhausted the dialogue. He's bad. He used the WMD against his own people. He has stock piles of nuclear, biological and chemical stuff. We have to act now or we're all dead!

So, if that is a dialogue, then...
Shame, shame, shame...

And yet, 4 years later, nothing is found, it is admitted it was never there. HELLOOOO -- we're talking nuclear (radioactive) and other WMD -- you cannot hide that in your pocked over night and not have it detected!!! Are we all so DUMB???!!!

Yes, Saddam was bad to his people. He is a typical dictator, so was Stalin, and Milosevic, and Korean dude... But has not done anything to us. We occupied Iraq a long time ago -- they could not operate north of this parallel and south of that one. WTF! Then, in 2003, we occupied the sovereign country killed many innocent civilians (call it a colleteral damage if you want -- I call is a war crime!), and all that against the UN rules.

If I were to be asked -- Bush should be sent to Hague along with the rest of dictators...

I find myself wondering if you really believe what you write or if you are attempting a parody of some sort.

What you present as the dialogue that occured would be funny if I did not think you seriously believed this is the way it happened. It actually went something more like this:

1991 - 1998
Saddam - Kuwait is Iraq's 19th province.
UN - Get out of Kuwait. If you do not, we will remove you.
Iraq refuses and is forced out of Kuwait.
Saddam - May we please have a ceasefire?
UN - If you want a ceasefire, you have to agree to the following terms including the complete declaration of and monitored destruction of all your Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, and ballistic missile weapons.
Saddam - OK. Deal
UN - How much of the banned stuff do you have? Where is it all?
Saddam - I have X and it is here, here, and here.
UN - Hey! This is only 1/2 X. Where is the rest?
Saddam - I don't have anymore.
UN - Really? Then why did we find this over here and that over there?
Saddam - Oh yeah, I had that too. But, I promise that is all of it.
UN - Can we take a look over there to make sure?
Saddam - No
UN - But you agreed to let us look wherever we want and we still haven't found the other 1/2 X.
Saddam - I destroyed the rest and it is not here anymore.
UN - We want to look over there to make sure.
Saddam - No
I hate to make light of what happened but the facts are that Iraq submitted no fewer than 3 Full, Final and Complete Declarations of their chemical weapons inventory and capabilities, 4 Full, Final and Complete Declarations of their biological weapons inventory and capabilities, and 3 Full, Final and Complete Declarations of their ballistic missile inventory and capabilities from 1992 to 2002. Is this really someone you would trust?

Saddam was bad to his own people but he was also bad to the people of Iran, Kuwait, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. He invaded two of his neighbors and launched missiles at two others. What separated Saddam from the others you mentioned was that he USED chemical weapons against his own and other people.

One more thing, I am curious what do you believe President Bush should be charged with?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i