10-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #96
Got Seoul?

Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Originally Posted by dr325i
Again, I salute you all for DOING your job!
I despise the leaders for allowing some of you not to return for their own causes. Our military is our DEFENSe, unfortunately, lately has been used SOLELY as the OFFENSE force!

As for the dialogue: Please explain it to me.
Saddam -- you have the WMD.
No I dont -- show it to me!
Blix find them. I could not find them!
OK, Powell, put together the PPT presentation and show the world they have it!
(Damn stupid French, Russian, Chinese, Germans, Belgians, Dutch... did not buy your little presentation).
Saddam you have 10 days to leave your country with your family OR...

*10 days later*
Dear citizens -- we have exhausted the dialogue. He's bad. He used the WMD against his own people. He has stock piles of nuclear, biological and chemical stuff. We have to act now or we're all dead!

So, if that is a dialogue, then...
Shame, shame, shame...

And yet, 4 years later, nothing is found, it is admitted it was never there. HELLOOOO -- we're talking nuclear (radioactive) and other WMD -- you cannot hide that in your pocked over night and not have it detected!!! Are we all so DUMB???!!!

Yes, Saddam was bad to his people. He is a typical dictator, so was Stalin, and Milosevic, and Korean dude... But has not done anything to us. We occupied Iraq a long time ago -- they could not operate north of this parallel and south of that one. WTF! Then, in 2003, we occupied the sovereign country killed many innocent civilians (call it a colleteral damage if you want -- I call is a war crime!), and all that against the UN rules.

If I were to be asked -- Bush should be sent to Hague along with the rest of dictators...
I agree that the reasoning for our occupation of Iraq was based on poor intel or basically using it to our advantage as a way in. I'm sure the oil and politics of it had something to do with it as well. Whatever the reason we are there now and are bound to repair the damage we caused and bring back social justice in an government that can actually do something and get us the hell out of there and on to the next conflict. We are always in the middle of something and the world views us a a global security force and of course we have to maintain the rep. We have built schools for children, train their military forces and try and help them establish a governement where democracy will hopefully restore some balance back to the country. It seems to be a monumental task when Pakistan and other organizations are still funding terrorist activity. We can't kill them all so it seems like a never ending conflict. Some may compare it to Vietnam. Saddam should've been shot to death when we had the chance back in 91 when he tried to invade Kuwait. Now he's on trial for all the killing he personally ordered on the Shites. You would think he trial would be over by now but that's red tape and our legal system. If he were anywhere near me, I would've taken my 9 mil and took him out. Don't think that anyone would put me on trial for that.
Can you say Alooooha?