ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

A bit of history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k:
I think myself and the other ppl in this thread fall into that 35% category that had some sense and knew bush was lieing and just drumming up american support for his war.
President Bush was not the first person to assert that Iraq had WMD. In fact I remember spending Christmas '98 in a very sandy place because, as President Clinton put it -
" Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."
There was a consensus among all the major intelligence agencies in the world that Iraq possessed substantial quantities of chemical weapons and an active bio-weapon program both before President Bush took office and after. To asssert that President Bush knew that every intelligence agency in the world was wrong and used their mistaken analysis to drive his personal agenda is just plain tin foil hat lunacy.

I would also suggest you read the resolution Congress passed authorizing Operation Iraqi Freedom. You will notice that the other reasons for deposing the Ba'athist regime in Iraq were stated up front and not afterthoughts

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i