View Single Post
      09-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #34
NFS
Major General

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum09
I think a lot of politics (unfortunately) involves slandering those in charge. You can't honestly tell me that during Clinton's last term that conservatives just sat back and didn't say a word. Also, I imagine there's a bit of projection involved when people say they hate Bush. They really mean to say they hate Bush's policies or what he's done to the country.

As for convictions, liberals have them, too. We just realize that there's more to a situation than the black or white solution. The epitome of this black or white mindset (to me) was when Bush said that, "You're either with us, or against us in the fight against terrorism." So if a nation doesn't agree with the methods the U.S. has taken in the war on terror, that nation is suddenly against the U.S.?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_either_with_us,_or_against_us

I love the fact that Anakin Skywalker used a version of this phrase before he fought Obi Wan Kenobi in the revenge of the sith.

Either George Lucus is one of those 'liberals' that pawarrant keeps complaining about of Bush has been lured to 'the dark side'.

"only the Sith believe in absolutes"