Harold at HP Autowerks supplied me with this great, small, light weight battery, so I and decided to give it a shot today ...
DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR VEHICLE.
You can get your Braille Battery here:
You need these tools:
10 mm socket
13 mm socket
Torque wrench + extensions
Small flat head screwdriver
1. Your battery will be in the trunk on the RT side
2. Uninstall the black bracket on top of the battery first ( 2x10mm bolts)
and one here
3. Disconnect the Negative (-) terminal first (10mm socket )
make sure to put the Negative (-) terminal away from the battery so it will not be touching anything.
4. Then you can disconnect the top box with the fuses (optional, but it makes it much easier to remove the battery) - 13mm socket
Press on the two metal tabs on the sides and pull it out ... You need to play with it a little ...
5. Now you can disconnect the MAIN Positive (+) terminal - 10mm socket
Now move the Positive (+) to the side and secure it there by using a zip tie
6. There is a little rubber tube on the LT side of the battery that have something to do with the acid going into/out of the battery. Use rubber gloves to disconnect it. Just pull it to the side and it should pop out right away. Don't worry, nothing is going to leak out from that tube. It is just a precaution to use a rubber gloves.
7. Now you need to look at the RT side on the battery and you will find metal bracket kind of deep inside. Use 10mm socket to remove it. Use a magnet pen to pull it out
8. Now you is the hardest part. Use two little handles on the battery and put it out. It is pretty heavy, so you might want to ask somebody to help you with that.
9. Now you can clean that empty area and put the New Braille battery.
10. Adjust it so it won't move and use that metal bracket to tight it down. You will have to move that metal bracket to the LT.
11. Install the MAIN Positive (+) first, then Negative (-), then the box with the fuses on top of the battery and screw it back to where it was before
Install the factory black bracket back if you want. It is optional but I decided to put it back.
Start you car and make sure everything works !
You are done !
Stock - 58lb
Weight savings - 37lb
A few pics Stock vs Braille
I hope it helps