MrHarris
yodog

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO View Post
WOW! Overwhelming responses guys!! Thanks for all the feedback. I drove the M3 sedan back when it first came out. I was on the list for the first one in Oregon but i had to pass on it since i still had a year left on my E550 lease. I was able to drive it and i dont remember being as impressed as i thought i would be. Then, i just recently drove the 135i. The time frame between test drives was a year so not a good comparison. I'll see if i can go back and drive both back to back. I think that is going to be the real deciding factor.

The thing i keep coming back to is how highly modifiable the 135i is. I love being able to individualize a car. Also, i like how small and agile it is. In no way would my intentions be to make the 135i into a "M3 Killer." As a previous ///M car owner, i appreciate that nothing will compare to the sophistication of the ///M cars. However, i dont like how big the 3 series is getting. The E92 M3 seems almost as big as the E39 M5.
Honestly I don't think modifying a 135 is more individual than modding an m3. Everyone modding 135/335's all have a tune, exhaust/dp, duel cone intake etc. What makes you more individual? The M3 hides the weight very well, if it felt like a huge car I wouldn't have one. If you feel the new 3 is still too big and not agile enough then go for a 1. Weird how a stock 1 will feel more agile when a stock m3 is clearly more agile(from mag tests etc).

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States