pawarrant
SECDEF

Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
But I think that there have to be some limitations on this in a civilised society, so where someones views are damaging to others, there should be a mechanism of control. That's why in the UK we have laws prohibiting the incitement of racist and religeous hatred.
Thank God we have a little thing called freedom of speech here in the US. It seems that those types of laws are never enforced if you insult Christians or Jews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
For the record my response would have been that we are losing the 'war on terror', mainly because I have never believed it to be a true 'war' or something that could be won.
I think the Brits are loosing the war on terror for the simple reason their previous liberal immigration policies allowed England to be infiltrated with terrorists. I think you have a bigger problem with terrorists living amongst you than we do here. Frankly our citizens here would not tolerate a bunch of Muslims cheering over 9-11 attacks in our streets. Yea it might be legal to do here, but it doesn't mean your not going to get your ass beat for doing so.

I would like to add that there has been much improvement since your subway attacks, and your laws allow the police in your country to do their job better without all of the restrictions we have here. England is sure on the right track now!
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States