Thread: Quiz
View Single Post
      08-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #135
CMD

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
I don't think you could name a single civilisation or country which has lived pecefully with it's neighbours for a significant period.
As BadBob mentioned, and is so obvious I'm surprised you even asked the question, Canada and the United States.

Quote:
The bottom line is that the religion of Islam is a legitimate and peaceful one.
Legitimate? Arguably. Peaceful? Hardly. In fact, Islam has been at war with the West, with Christianity, with Judaism indeed, with the entire non-Muslim world ever since the days of Muhammad. This struggle, more than any other, has defined history for the last 1,200 years.

Quote:
But there are hundreds of millions of Muslims on this planet who want to practice their faith and live in peace as part of a civilised forward thinking society.
Possibly true.

Quote:
Pawarrant / Bad Bob and CMD are not going to convince me that Islam is somehow bad.
No?

Quote:
Put simply I cannot concieve of how you are able to make such sweeping and unfounded generalisations about such a vast number of people.
You continue to refer to how large the Islamic religion is. I've asked you before how this matters. It only make them an even larger threat to western civilization. Let me ask you, is there a difference between 1 million people that have a wrong belief, and 2 billion people that have a wrong belief?

Quote:
Bad Bob for instance thinks his country is fighting a war against Islam.
Bob is absolutely correct. See: Are We at War with Islam?

Quote:
President Bush says otherwise - he understands that the West cannot fight the 'war on terror' without the support of the wider Muslim people:
I would argue that if President Bush was not castrated by Political Correctness, his song would be far closer to, if not exactly like, Mr. Kraft's.

Quote:
What amazes me is that you guys are the ones that call me naive.
I think I'm the only one that has called you naive.