Thread: Quiz
View Single Post
      08-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #84
CMD

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
You often seem to see disagreement where there is none. I did not say your quiz was innacurate in ANY of my posts. And I am not in denial about anything. I agree that the recent 'world-scale' terrorism targeted against the USA has been universally committed by Muslim extremists - I don't agree that ALL terrorism is commited by muslim extremists (eg the oaklahoma bombing, eta, the IRA)
You are correct, you never specifically stated, "CMD, your Quiz is inaccurate." You kept posting, "What's your point? What's your point? What's your point?" My point was clear, that every single GD act of terrorism in every GD question it the GD quiz was carried out by male Muslim extremists between the GD age of 17 and DG 40, which you implied over and over and over again was not correct. In fact I was correct. You were using the left-wing bleeding-heart circular argument tactic to try to move me off point. WTF does the Okalahoma bombing, the "F" ing IRA and that other obscure Buddhist dickweed you mentioned have to do with any of the GD terrorism we are discussing here??!! Holy freaking sh*t, man! Try to stay on point! GD, don't you ever get tired of going in freaking circles??

Quote:
This the single point we disagree on here. I personally know a number of muslims who entirely reject the terrorist agenda. In the UK muslim leaders have rejected and deplored the terrorists acts. The perverse truth is that the terrorists have done more to damage Islam than anybody else, because their action has directly led to the widespread distrust of ALL muslims exhibited by people like yourself. I do not distrust a worldwide faith - the second largest religion on earth - because of a handful of evil terrorists. I don't see that as being in denial and I don't believe that Islam itself is the problem.
You know a "number of Muslims who entirely reject the terrorist agenda"? Woohoo! A number of Muslims who reject the terrorist agenda, boy I feel warm and fuzzy now. I guess we can relax . . . .

In the United States, where I happen to live and where the attacks we are discussing are focused, there has, again . . . . been little, if ANY, Muslims speaking out publicly and vocally with regard to the terrorists that practice their faith, okay! And if the truth be known, and Americans have been brow-beaten for so long to be Politically Correct so they won't speak out publicly, we have a widespread distrust of these people. Would you expect any less of a normal human being? A "handful of terrorists" my ss! Get a freaking grip on reality my friend.

Quote:
I do agree that the Islamic leaders in the middle east need to do more to cut out the cancer of terrorism from within their communities and countries. This is where the west should be focused right now. Working with the Islamic world to better integrate it into world politics. One of the problems is that the middle east situation blurs the boundaries between terrorism and freedom fighting in the eyes of the people of palestine and the lebanon.
And I guess you know more about what should be done in world politics than our leaders, eh? Hell, why not give 'em a call with your opinion. I’m sure they’ll take your advice into consideration.

Palestine and Lebanon. Now where the "F", in left field, did THAT come from?

Quote:
I understand why you feel this way - but I do not agree with you. The Muslim world needs to do more to denounce and reject terrorism. But you are wrong to say that Muslims have not denounced it:
http://www.islam-democracy.org/terrorism_statement.asp
That statement should be an embarrassment to the Muslim community. One freaking stupid-ss statement rejecting terrorism. Maybe if they actually did something, took some sort of action against it, then there would not be such wide spread distrust.

Quote:
If I had denied this your analogy would have made sense. Unfortunately I didn't and it doesn't.
This is exactly the response I expected. You have not let me down!

Quote:
Again - I didn't deny it - in your frustration you are reading things into my posts that are not there. I am not side stepping or avoiding salient points.
You side-stepped them in virtually every post you made. I'm not going to go back and quote them. This is beginning to be a total waste of my time, arguing with bonehead.

Quote:
No - again you misunderstand me. I was identifying what I saw as a bizarre link to the middle east situation in the Aztlan / Michelle Malkin immigration sites and columns. I did not at any stage say your posts on this were bizarre.
Good back and read it. You did, and I told you I posted it because I was asked where Aztlan is. At least your answers are consistent – consistently circular. I'm getting dizzy! Anyone one else?

Quote:
What I wanted to know is what you thought of the parallel that the Aztlan crowd and Ms Malkin had drawn. My opinion was that it was unhelpful.
MEChA is unhelpful. I honestly don't give a crap about Ms Malkin or her parallels. I'd like to stay on point.