View Single Post
      01-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #96
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
As for the whole Iraq/Al Quaeda thing, I'm under the impression that the government had absolutely nothing to do with Al Quaeda, and infact Osama wanted Saddams head. If I'm not mistaken, part of the reason Al Quaeda turned against us is when we wouldn't let them help us during the first gulf war. Osama was offended that the U.S. (his former allies) would shun him, and then run an operation off of his home turf (Saudi Arabia).

I could be mistaken, but that's how I remember things. I've certainly never seen anything to indicate any links between Al Quaeda and Iraq. I'm pretty sure that's why Cheney and co. stopped making those accusations shortly after the war started, and then went back to deny having ever tried to make those false links.
The taliban/Osama were also pissed because of how the US helped arm them to gain power, and suddenly dropped that support when things got rough:wink:

Oh, and there's another link between Afghanistan and Iraq...the US also helped Saddam

Not trying to say that the US gov't is responsible for what either of those 2 did while in power, but think, if it had kept it's nose out of things, then there'd be less people pissed at them.:wink:

Unfortunately though, the acts of a few, can affect many.

Above you said, "Tis better to be feared, than loved." ...would that not be in effect be terrorism?

Terrorism is the act of creating terror/fear....and as Yoda said "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Anyways...what was the real topic of this thread again??:biggrin: