08-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Jeez Barry...call me out...!!!
I about fell over logging onto the site.
I've seen the LeftLane photos. I was going to post them. But I'm glad you did.

Probably every person on the site thinks about cars...waaaaay too much.
And the new Z dances in my head.
But I'm ready for a change.

The Z will be gorgeous car...and it looks like Bangle and Co. are going to hang such big cojones on the next one there'll be no question as to how Masculine the beast is. The thing looks like a phallus on wheels.

But like the other guys have said it'll be more expensive and bigger. BMW is going with the made in Germany cache as part of the justification on price.
Won't be referred to as the Bubba Bimmer anymore. Doubtful any Z owner will miss that.
I could get used to the folding hardtop...but there goes the trunkspace.

So no, I'm 100% certain the 1-er coupe is my car.
But I will be checking the Z4 closely when it comes out...there's always the next one.
:wink:
Well it was my aim to SHOCK you since you've avoided really mentioning your thoughts on your next gen of your current Bimmer!! And its true we guys do think of cars waay too much..haha Almost as much as something else....ahem*

The current Z4 has the hate-it or love-it styling. And I do know a lot of haters from across the range. I do believe that this one will not be the step-child anymore. Its going to look more dramatic and have more appeal. I'm not even in the market for a convertible but this Z has me watching out the corner of my eye.(not like i'd be able to swing one at this point in life anyway)

Thanks for the response, along with the rest of you Z owners. I guess time will tell whether the Z4 wets your appetite enough to set aside your 1coupe. BMW FTW.