Originally Posted by carnut
Yep, it was on my list as a possible replacement for my Z4, but
1. it has a metal folding roof and I want a ragtop.
2. it's going upscale and that means more $$$ (and we're already getting ripped off in Canada vis-a-vis U.S. pricing).
3. I don't think it's going to be that dramatically different (design wise) from the current version of Z4.
4. after 6 years of Z4, I'm ready for something different
5. getting a little more room (e.g. back seat) would be nice - although I wouldn't want to go 3-series, c-class or Audi A5 size.
Those are interesting points. I can definitely see where your coming from.